The Newberry Consort’s COVID-19 Protocol
January 2022 – Subject to change
We thank you for joining us and helping us celebrate the return of live performances. To help protect the audience, performers, and staff from COVID-19, we ask that you join us in following these requirements:
- Please present proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 along with your photo Being fully vaccinated means you have received a second dose of an authorized two-dose vaccine, or a single-dose vaccine, at least 14 days prior to the date of the event. Now, as of February 18, we will also require proof of boostervaccinations when patrons are eligible. As a reminder, children 5 and up are now eligible for vaccination, and we welcome vaccinated young audiences to performances.
As an alternative to proof of vaccination, you may present a negative COVID-19 test result. The venue will accept a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of the event or a negative antigen (rapid) test result taken within 6 hours of the event.
The most efficient way to provide proof of vaccination or a negative test result is using the My Bindle app. My Bindle is a digital wallet, available to download and use free of charge, where you may upload a photo and your vaccination card or test result. You may also present a paper copy of your card or test result along with a photo ID. Please note these requirements are being followed by the artists, staff and crew. Children under 12 years old are not required to provide documents.
- As required by both Cook County and the City of Chicago, please wear a mask while inside the venue, regardless of vaccination status or age. Masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times.
- While limited house capacities and social distancing are no longer required by Cook County or the City ofChicago in seated venues, social distancing is still recommended when possible. We ask that you sit at least two seats from individuals who are not from your household.
What to do when you arrive for the concert:
- Have your vaccination card ready to show at the door.
- If you have your ticket already, proceed to the door, and show your card to the first usher. This can be printed or show a picture on your smartphone.
- Have your ticket code scanned by the next usher. This can be printed, or you may show a picture on your smartphone.
If you need to buy your ticket, retrieve a lost ticket, or pick up a ticket, go to Will-Call first, then proceed as above.